Basil lentil soup is a very simple, easy and flavourful soup which you can count on at any point of time. It is a perfect soup to pamper yourself when you suffer from sudden hungerpangs in a nutritious way.
Pulses like lentils are quite important. They are energy dense, have good amounts of fibre and improve digestion. They contain antioxidants which help in managing chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart diseases.
- 20 grams Green onions
- 10 grams green lentil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin seeds powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 20 grams carrot
- 20 grams tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Fresh basil leaves
- Nutrition Info
- 98.2 kcal
- 8.9 grams
- 3.2 grams
- 5.5 grams
- Firstly, heat the olive oil in a pot over a medium flame.
- Then add chopped onions, carrots and stir continuously.
- Now add cumin seeds powder and thyme. Now add tomatoes to enhance flavour.
- Now add lentils followed by salt, pepper and chili flakes, water and vegetable broth. Stir for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer this mixture to a blender and blend it.
- Now again transfer the blended mixture to the pot. Add water if required to adjust thickness.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and garnish with fresh basil and serve hot.
Over to you
Try out this spicy and tangy soup and pamper yourself with its delicious flavour and health benefits.