Baked Quinoa chickpea square bites are packed with a bundle of nutrients which are essential for your body. These cookies are a perfect combination to go along with your tea/coffee.
Quinoa is a multi-beneficial grain which is a rich source of protein as well as fiber. It is also a fair source of magnesium, potassium and B vitamins. Whole pulses like Chickpea are quite important. They are energy dense, have a good amount of fiber and improve digestion. Apart from this Chickpea are also a very good source of Calcium and protein.
- 20 grams of chickpeas (boiled and mashed)
- 10 grams of cooked quinoa
- 10 grams whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon powdered sesame seeds
- 10 grams unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Nutrition Info
- 229.8 kcal
- 19.6 grams
- 8.7 grams
- 12.6 grams
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree Celsius.
- Take a large bowl and whisk together melted butter, honey and vanilla essence.
- Whisk the egg in another bowl until a homogenous texture is obtained.
- In another bowl stir together whole wheat flour, mashed chickpea, salt, baking soda, quinoa and sesame seeds.
- Now combine all the dry and wet ingredients and stir until it’s well combined.
- Mold this dough into the shape of cookies and bake for around 10-15 minutes.
- Bake until they turn crisp brown.
- Store in an airtight container and have them along with your tea/coffee.
Over to you:
Try this yummy recipe of baked quinoa chickpea square bites and relish your evening time with the warmness of this healthy and filling snack.