Healthy sheers is a traditional dish which curbs your sweet cravings and also is relished by almost everyone during the time of changing weather when the cold and cough are common amongst most of us.
Nutritional benefits –
Besan or chickpea flour is rich in protein, fiber and is of low glycemic index thus is good for diabetic patients. Whereas Ragi flour is highly rich in calcium and fiber. Thus besan and Ragi are the healthy swaps which you can opt for in your diet.
- 20 grams of besan
- 10 grams of ragi flour
- 10 grams ghee
- 5 grams of coconut sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1tsp cardamom powder
- Almonds and pistachio for garnishing
- Nutrition Info
- 218.1 kcal
- 23.1 grams
- 5.1 grams
- 11.4 grams
- Take a heavy bottom pan and heat ghee into it.
- Add besan and ragi flour into it and sautee it on medium heat until it is slight brown and a nutty aroma is there.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook until the consistency of sheera is optioned (which is slightly thinner than that of a halwa).
- Cook until water is completely absorbed by the flours.
- Add coconut sugar and cardamom powder and mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with almonds and pistachios.
Over to you-
Healthy sheera is a healthy dish which is filled with the goodness of besan and ragi thus is a healthy to be consumed during the changing weather time.