The chicken and corn soup is a satisfying bowl of glossy texture corn soup with chicken, eggs, and jalapenos. It can make for a filling meal option, being nutrient-dense.
Corn is rich in fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It reduces the risk of anaemia, boosts energy, lowers blood sugar and cholesterol level. Chicken is a relatively low-fat food, builds the immune system and also works on your muscles.
- 20 grams of onion, chopped
- 30 grams fresh, boiled corn
- 10 grams jalapeno
- 20 ml coconut milk
- 40 grams chicken breast
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-2 sprigs coriander leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nutrition Info
- 178 kcal
- 7.5 grams
- 14.2 grams
- 10.4 grams
- In a shallow bottomed pan, add the olive oil and onion. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled corn and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put in some salt, pepper and jalapeno brine. Add some water and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, blend it into a puree.
- Put it up on flame again, add the coconut cream along with grilled chicken slices.
- Garnish it with a coriander leaves and serve.
Over to you.
Chicken and corn soup is a great choice to incorporate as your meal. Try this recipe for a hearty, healthful and filling evening snack or dinner.