Oats khichdi is one of the healthiest meals that one can prepare in just no time. It does not require much effort and is perfect for your busy days.
Oats: Among other grains, oats are rich in carbohydrates and fiber. This makes them highly fulfilling. They are also rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. Oats contain many powerful antioxidants, including avenanthramides. These compounds may help reduce blood pressure and provide other benefits.
Lentils: Lentils are rich in polyphenols, protein, vitamins, and minerals. Polyphenols are active compounds that fight against harmful agents in the body. Consumption of lentils prevents our body from lifestyle diseases such as heart disease, Type 2 Diabetes.
- · 10 grams moong dal
- · 20 grams oats
- · 10 grams carrot
- · 10 grams peas
- · 10 grams beans
- · 10 grams onions
- · 10 grams tomato
- · 1 teaspoon ghee
- · ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- · ½ teaspoon ginger
- · Salt as needed
- · ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- · A pinch of asafoetida
- · 1 green chili (optional)
- Nutrition Info
- 152 kcal
- 19.6 grams
- 5.1 grams
- 6.3 grams
- · Wash the moong dal and soak it in water till used
- · Next, chop the onions, tomato, carrot, and beans.
- · Pour ghee in a cooker and add cumin.
- · When they start to splutter, add ginger and green chili.
- · Now, add hing and onions. Saute until translucent.
- · Add all the vegetables and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
- · Drain the water from the dal and add it to the pot.
- · Cook until the dal turns smells good.
- · Add oats, turmeric, and salt.Fry for about 2 minutes.
- · Pour water and adjust the quantity as required.
- · Pressure cook for 3 whistles on a medium flame.
- · Let the pressure release by itself. Adjust the water content as required.
- · Serve oats khichdi hot.
Over to you
Oats khichdi is the best go-to meal on a busy day. It is healthy, tasty and light on spices. Serve it with your favorite raita and enjoy the goodness!