Lettuce wraps are filled with bold flavours and fresh ingredients and are a top healthy dish that tastes amazing. It can be served as an appetizer, main dish, or snack. Delicious and flavourful veggies are wrapped in crunchy lettuce leaves with amazing sauces that bring about the best of taste. The combination of coriander and mint provides freshness to the dish.
Lettuce gives crunchiness to the wrap. It contains potassium, folate, and vitamin C that help in keeping the immune system healthy. The veggies along with tofu bring in a boost of energy-reducing fatigue and help to be energized all day. Tofu is an excellent source of protein, iron, and calcium and is therefore helpful for people suffering from osteoporosis, helps in managing weight, and prevents anaemia by providing iron.
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 20 grams of tofu
- 15 grams mushroom( chopped)
- 5 grams garlic
- 10 grams onion
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 10 grams carrot
- 10 grams of cabbage
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon pesto/ mint mustard sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- 5 grams of ginger
- 1-2 lettuce leaves
- ½ teaspoon peanut butter
Calories: 114 Kcal
Fat: 7.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 7.9 grams
Protein: 4.3 grams
- Start by heating some oil in a skillet and add in chopped mushroom, cubed tofu, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes, while stirring and then add in the cabbage, carrots, and onion.
- Let them sauté for 5 minutes more.
- Take a small bowl for the dressing, then adds in the peanut butter, chilli sauce, ginger, red pepper, and pesto/ mint mustard sauce.
- Mix them well to combine properly.
- Add this to the pan and combine it well with the mixture.
- Then to prepare the wrap, take a lettuce leaf, add in the mixture; drizzled the dressing over, and garnish some chopped mint and coriander for freshness.
- Serve as it is or along with sautéing vegetables.
Over to you:
Lettuce wraps are very easy and quick to prepare. This makes a perfect weekend dinner as the filling consists of veggies, protein, and delicious dressing that leaves everyone satisfied and full.