Beautifully stuffed bottle gourd with paneer is one of the easiest dishes to prepare. This recipe has an interesting twist as the bottle gourd is marinated in lemon juice along with spices and stuffed with paneer. Then it is baked to give a great texture and taste to it. This dish is loved by all and is a great way of adding bottle gourd specially to every kid’s diet.
Bottle gourd is rich in vitamin C and contains calcium and vitamin K. It is very nutritious and helps in stabilizing the blood sugar levels and is beneficial for people with diabetes. It also helps in lowering the bad cholesterol making it good for heart health. Being low in calories it can be included in a weight loss diet.
- 200 grams bottle gourd (lauki)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 20 grams onion
- 20 grams tomatoes
- 1 green chili
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 20 grams paneer
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Nutrition Info
- 151 kcal
- 11.8 grams
- 4.8 grams
- 10.2 grams
- Clean the bottle gourd under running water, then boil it in some boiling water.
- The next step is to peel, remove the seeds, and split the bottle gourd in horizontally.
- Take a small bowl; add in lemon juice, chili powder, garam masala, and mix well.
- Pour the marinade over the bottle gourd and keep it aside and let it rest for about 1 hour.
- On the other side heat some oil in a skillet and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add in the garlic, ginger, onion, tomato, green chili, and crumbled paneer.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste and mix well to stir fry for 5-6 minutes
- Add in the filling inside the bottle gourd and tie it with a thread to secure.
- Take a foil, wrap the bottle gourd, and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve them with some mint chutney and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Over to you:
Everyone thinks that bottle gourd is a punishment to the taste buds. So, surprise them with this paneer stuffed bottle gourd and see how they gorge onto this not so favourite vegetable.