Everyone should eat their veggies. But sometimes, not everyone does. Roasted cauliflower is kicked up a notch with the addition of this addicting honey garlic sauce. With this recipe, even the most stubborn veggie-haters will love their cauliflower.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is naturally high in fibre and B-vitamins. It provides antioxidants and phytonutrients to fight various health illnesses.
- 30 grams cauliflower
- 40 grams egg white
- 10 grams all-purpose flour
- 20ml almond milk, unsweetened
For the Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (chilli sauce)
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon wheat flour
- Nutrition Info
- 138 kcal
- 14.8 grams
- 6.7 grams
- 5.6 grams
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, milk, salt and egg white.
- Add cauliflower and mix well to coat the cauliflower well. Then, lay cauliflower out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Gently spray the top of the cauliflower with cooking spray and bake for until batter is golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is baking, mince the garlic and saute until golden brown. Add chilli sauce, honey, and onion powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wheat flour and water to make a slurry. Pour the mixture into the sauce. Heat on medium-high until the sauce starts to boil and thicken, stirring occasionally. Remove sauce from heat.
- Once cauliflower is golden, flip over, spray the other side with cooking spray and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes to ensure the cauliflower is crispy on all sides. Remove from the oven and gently toss in the honey garlic sauce.
- Garnish with scallions.
Over to you:
This cauliflower is delicious eaten alone but can be paired with various side items such as quinoa, rice, or salad for a deliciously wholesome meal.