Chia pudding is the ultimate breakfast or snack that can be made vegan using non dairy milk and is also keto-friendly. It is great for weight loss, digestion, and good for heart health.
- Chia seeds are a great source of carbohydrates and are known to increase athletic performance.
- The omega 3 fatty acids found in them helps to enhance mood, increase brain function, reduce inflammation which is essential for runners, reduce high cholesterol and increase HDL cholesterol.
- The antioxidants in them help protect against free radicals, and regulate insulin.
- 15g chia seeds
- 100ml unsweetened almond milk or hazelnut milk
- ½ tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- cacao nibs , mixed
- frozen berries , to serve
- 130 Kcal
- 7 grams
- 9 grams
- 4 grams
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl with a generous pinch of sea salt and whisk to combine. Cover with cling film then leave to thicken in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Spoon the pudding into four glasses, then top with the frozen berries and cacao nibs.
Over to You
Chia seeds can be added to many foods including smoothies, salads, oatmeal, and can be used as an egg replacer. Chia seeds can be stored for up to two years in the refrigerator. So the next time you go to someone’s house and see a chia kitty sitting on the table with green sprouted locks, you will know that these little seeds are truly a superfood.