Bagara eggplant curry is a healthy and an interesting way to have your egg plants. You can try them with your breads or chapattis and enjoy.
Eggplant or brinjal is highly rich in various vitamins and minerals and also is known as high fiber low calorie vegetable. Thus is really helpful in maintain low blood sugar levels and also is goof for heart patients.
- 30 grams Eggplant/Brinjal
- 20 grams onion
- 20 grams curd
- 10 grams coconut
- 5 grams sesame seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Ginger and garlic paste
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Nutrition Info
- 152.5 kcal
- 2.2 grams
- 1.9 grams
- 14.1 grams
- Take a sauce pan and dry roast the sesame seeds and the coconut. Blend them together to make a coarse-smooth paste.
- Then in the same pan add some oil and shallow fry the eggplants.
- Then heat some oil in another pan and add curry leaves, ginger garlic paste and onions.
- Allow onion to turn brownish red in color and then add curd, the coconut-sesame paste and all the spices.
- Add water if required to adjust consistency.
- Then add cooked eggplants into it and simmer for few minutes.
- Serve along with chapattis, bread or rice.
Over to you
So enjoy this healthy and tasty version of eggplants along with your breads or chapattis. This recipe is a must try!