Applying sunscreen while going out is one of the great ways to prevent your skin from sun damage but did you know that consumption of certain foods will also help to neutralize the sun’s radiation? Filling up your plate with nourishing food items not only safeguards your skin from the attack of harmful UV rays but also provides you with energy to keep you going. We bring you certain foods that will help in providing natural protection to your skin from the sun while adding that radiant glow to your skin. In addition to following a healthy skincare routine make sure that you enrich your diet with these foods in order to avoid sun damage and to maintain that healthy glow on your skin.
- The citrusy touch: The citrusy fruits offer great quantities of vitamin C which assist in protecting the skin from harmful UV rays and pollution. Nowadays, vitamin C is the basic skin-care nutrient and is majorly found in skin-care products. Consuming foods that are rich in Vitamin C saves the skin from free radicals while decreasing the risk of premature ageing and degeneration. Add lemons, oranges, grapefruit, kiwi and papaya to your diet to get great quantities of vitamin C.
- The green veggies: Green leafy veggies are filled with various vitamins and minerals that help in boosting both health and skin. Green leafy veggies are filled with beta-carotene which is further altered into Vitamin A and works great as a natural sun protectant. You can consume salads, soups, unstrained vegetable juices, mix your veggies in your omelette to enjoy your meals while extracting the maximum benefits.
- The nutty and seedy way: Nuts and seeds are known as superfood when it comes to health. But let us tell you that a handful of nuts and seeds are filled with great quantities of omega 3 fatty acids that can enhance your skin quality while saving it from sun damage. You can add nuts in your smoothies, sprinkle over your salad or soups or have it raw.
- Add in green tea: Green tea is beneficial for your body in multiple ways. It not only helps in shedding down those extra pounds around the body but it also enhances your skin health like nothing else. Green offers a wide variety of polyphenol antioxidants that help in shielding the skin from the harmful effects of the sun.
- The juicy tomatoes: Tomatoes are a great source of various heart-healthy nutrients like Vitamin C, potassium, Vitamin K and folate that helps in boosting the overall health and well-being. Tomatoes offer maximum quantities of lycopene which decrease the risk of sunburn while soothing skin inflammation.
Be cautious of your skincare routine but don’t forget about your diet. Incorporate the above-written foods in your daily diet in order to avoid any sun damage to your skin.