Gundruk is particularly popular among Nepali community. It is a side dish that is served with the main meal and is also used as an appetiser and can be made into a soup.
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS: Gundruk is an ingredient that aids in digestion and stimulates bowel movements. It holds its own benefits because of its unique taste. Garlic is highly nutritious as it contains potent medicinal properties. It is perhaps an excellent source of Manganese and vitamin B6.
- 30 grams Gundruk
- 20 grams onion
- 20 grams tomato
- Garlic: green or dry
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric: a pinch
- Green chilli: 1-2
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Nutrition Info
- 60 kcal
- 4.2 grams
- 1.1 grams
- 4.6 grams
- Soak Gundruk in water for 10 mins.
- Heat oil and fry chopped onions, tomatoes and green chilly
- Drain up soaked gundruk and fry
- Add water, salt, and turmeric and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add green or dry garlic
- Boil for 10 mins more and serve hot with cooked rice.
Over to you
This delicious recipe of soup provides minerals and vitamins when we have less fresh vegetables during winter and dry season. Share with your family and friends to enjoy this authentic dish.