Corn cob salad is a colourful, nutrient-rich and easy to prepare recipe for your immunity and heart. It has the goodness of fresh summer corn, crispy cucumber, and tomatoes which are rich in flavours and provide numerous health benefits. This is a healthy, filling summer salad prepared with creamy dressing.
Coconut is good in manganese that is good for bone health. They are good in antioxidants that protect the cells. .Corn is rich in folic acid, Vitamin B12, and iron. It reduces the risk of anaemia and enhances energy that leads to the proper functioning of the brain and the nervous system.. All the vegetables added have their specific health benefits.
- 20 grams corn cob, grilled, kernels sliced off cobb
- 10 grams lettuce
- 10 gram cherry tomato
- 10 gram cucumber
- 10 gram zucchini
- 5 grams avocado
- 5 grams paneer
- 5 grams unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon tamari
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 05 grams raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Nutrition Info
- 117 kcal
- 13.8 grams
- 3 grams
- 6.4 grams
- Start by combining cashew, water, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon of sea salt in a blender. Blend until the dressing becomes creamy, adding more water if necessary. Refrigerate it for some time.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 170°C and line the parchment paper over the baking sheet
- Line up the coconut flakes along with the tamari, maple syrup and smoked paprika on the pan and toss to coat. Spread in a layer on the pan and bake until it is slightly crispy or for about 10 minutes.
- Also place the paneer cubes over the baking sheet and toss with a drizzle of olive oil and generous amount of salt. Let it bake for 15 to 20 minutes
- Take a clean glass serving bowl, start the salad assembling by layering the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini, corn, avocado and tofu.
- Drizzle over the coconut dressing and serve.
Over to you
Corn salad is easy to prepare recipe which gives you bowl filled with benefits. It has a good amount of fiber and proteins content. Have this salad in your tiffin and you are good to go.