Toovar garlic dal is filled with protein and enriched with the flavor of garlic is a perfect combination with rice or chapattis.
Toovar dal is highly nutritious dal. It contains good amount of fiber in it which helps in proper bowel movement thereby reliving constipation. It is also a good source of protein. It is also said to be rich in carbohydrates thus is said to provide energy for daily activities.
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 20 grams toovar (arhar) dal
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 20 grams onion
- 20 grams of tomato
- 1-2 Green chilies chopped
- Finally chopped ginger
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing
- 5 grams ghee
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Nutrition Info
- 118 kcal
- 11.9 grams
- 4.9 grams
- 5.2 grams
- Wash, clean and soak toovar dal into 1 cup of water for 15 minutes. Then drain it well and keep aside.
- Then take a pressure cooker and add turmeric powder, salt along with soaked dal and pressure cook for 3 whistles or until the dal is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape out before opening the lid.
- Mix the dal lightly and then in another pan heat the ghee.
- Add cumin seeds, allow them to crackle. Then add finely chopped garlic, green chilies and sautee for few minutes.
- Then sautee onion into it until brownish red color is obtained, then add tomato puree and cook for few minutes.
- Then add the cooked dal and salt as per taste into it and cook on medium flame for few more minutes while stirring it continuously.
- Serve hot Toovar garlic dal garnished with fresh coriander.
Over to you:
So try this healthy and tasty recipe of Toovar garlic dal and have it along with your plate of rice or chapattis and get dose of perfect nutrition.