This is the season of fresh juicy apples and blackberries. Everyone loves these fruits not only for their taste but they are healthy as well and have good nutritional content. Therefore this delicious guilt-free pudding relishes the taste buds and is very quick and easy to prepare. Roasted apples and blackberries are a perfect way to warm up your dinners.
Apple is highly nutritious that lowers the risk of diabetes and promotes weight loss. The fibre in apples also helps in relieving constipation. Blackberries are one of the healthiest foods as they are high in antioxidants and have antimicrobial properties. They are low in calories and are good for diabetes management as they have a positive impact on insulin resistance.
- 50 grams of apples
- 50 grams blackberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ inch cinnamon stick powder
- 20ml of orange juice
- Orange zest and walnuts for garnish
- Nutrition Info
- 98 kcal
- 24.9 grams
- 1.1 grams
- 0.46 grams
- Start by preheating the oven around 180º C.
- Wash the apples and core a hole from the centre into the skin around the middle of it.
- Take a clean baking dish and stand the apples.
- Take a small bowl and add in some honey, cinnamon, orange zest, and mix well.
- Drizzle them on the apple in the cavity and add orange juice.
- Roast the apples in the oven for about 40 minutes; make sure the orange juice is over them by stirring it occasionally.
- Then when the apples are ready, add in some blackberries around the cavity of the apple and roast them for 10 minutes more in the oven.
- Garnish them with crushed walnuts and serve.
Over to you:
Spiced roasted apples and blackberries are a great dessert for this time of the year and brings out the best flavours of fall right in the kitchen!