Veg Tortilla Soup which is a classic and hearty soup made with a blend of varied vegetables. Its tangy flavor will leave your mouth watering and will also provide you up with health benefits.
Tomatoes are a great source of antioxidant lycopene which reduces the risk of cancer and heartdiseases. It is also rich in vitamin C, potassium and Folate.
- 20 grams onion
- 20 grams tomato
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 10 grams black beans
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tortilla
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Fresh cilantro for garnishing
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Nutrition Info
- 108.5 kcal
- 18.8 grams
- 3.6 grams
- 0.32 grams
- Firstly, slice the tortilla and put the pieces inside the baking dish for baking at 475 degree Celsius.
- Wait for 7-8 minutes until they turn golden brown in colour.
- In a hot pot kept on the high flame, add all the vegetables and keep stirring. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add vegetable stock followed by salt and pepper and let it cook for 5- 10 minutes more until it becomes a little thick in consistency.
- Now garnish with fresh cilantro and squeeze in lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
Over to you
Give a try to this yummy and healthy recipe and enjoy this flavourful and delicious soup.