Walnut rice pudding is a creamy rice pudding made with crunchy walnuts and fruits with a hint of lemon. Sweet and tangy in flavour, it is a perfect dessert for you to relieve your sugar cravings with ample benefits.
Walnut is an excellent source of omega 3, omega 6 fatty acids, dietary fibre, protein and healthy fat. Pomegranate is rich in Vitamin C and acts as antioxidant. It is rich in fibre and is also a fair source of iron.
- Nutrition Info
- 133.7 Kilo calories
- 22.7 grams
- 2.7 grams
- 3.4 grams
- 20 grams Rice
- 5 grams walnuts
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lemon zest
- 20 grams pomegranate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- To prepare pudding, cook rice with water and salt.
- While rice is cooking, prepare California walnut milk by blending toasted walnuts and vanilla essence together.
- Stir Walnut Milk into cooked rice, coconut sugar and cinnamon. Cook over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until pudding is thickened and creamy. Stir in lemon zest.
- Serve warm or chilled with pomegranate.
Over to you:
Walnut rice pudding is a simple and quick recipe and can be prepared instantly when you get sweet cravings. It’s for sure a must try.