Autumn is the season when eating gets so fun. The cool weather invites lots of hearty stews and soups, rich roasted chicken, and many more exciting stick-to-yours-ribs dishes. This is why it’s suddenly so easy for people to start overeating. That’s when you need to make sure the delicious autumn foods you eat are healthy and tasty at the same time. We have jotted down 5 healthy autumn recipes for you, try and tell in the comments how you liked it:
- Shaved Brussels sprouts salad: Apples, hazelnuts, and Brussels sprouts make for an amazing combination in this seasonal salad. Brussels sprouts are a rich source of vitamin K which is necessary for blood clotting and bone health. They are also high in vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps to promote iron absorption and is involved in the immune functions of the body. So, try this healthy recipe now!
- Creamy chicken noodle soup: Creamy chicken noodle soup is a healthy dinner idea that the whole family will love to eat. It’s packed with lots of protein and vegetables and is creamy as can be! If you are looking for a vegetarian option in soups, add paneer instead to this creamy soup. This soup is perfect for the autumn season when you get constant hunger cravings for one or the other dish as it will keep you satiated.
- Pumpkin pie smoothie: Banana and honey give the smoothie its sweetness and the pumpkin makes us think of, well, autumn! This pumpkin pie smoothie is the perfect way to start the holiday spirit when you want to indulge in something healthy too.
- Sweet potato kale hash: This sweet potato hash protein bowl is packed with tons of vegetables and protein and would be perfect for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner in this season. Start by making a homemade sweet potato hash, and then add in lots of other veggies of your choice and your favourite chicken sausage for a delicious protein bowl recipe.
- Layered mango chia pudding: Chia seeds are not only rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fibre but are also easy to prepare. Try this mouth-watering mango, raspberry, and almond pudding recipe this autumn season for breakfast or dessert and enjoy this yumminess.
Over to you:
So, say yes to delicious dishes with the above-mentioned recipes and spend time with your families this autumn season. Stay at home and try these nutritious recipes and let us know which one you liked the most.