Pollution is a virtually inevitable consequence of human interaction with the natural world that everyone is aware. Some people imagine coal-powered plants belching out black smoke or other forms of exhaust when they hear the word “pollution,” which actually refers to the initiation of any wretch matter to the natural environment resulting from people’s activities.
Preventing pollution has become a major global threat and concern because its harmful effects are really affecting the health and the future of the environment. Since, we all are the inhabitants of Earth, that means that each one of us has the responsibility to contribute to preventing the pollution of this planet and make sure that it is safe in the near future.
On that note, let’s not forget that “if we heal the earth, we heal ourselves,” which means that the environmental protection is our responsibility and if we want to save the planet for our descendants then we need to take care of it.
Thus, there are few easy ways to prevent pollution and what we can do as citizens of Earth to slow down its demise.
- Lifestyle Approach: A holistic improvement in your daily lifestyle is essential for strengthening immunity. Eating healthy and exercising regularly is basic. In addition, practicing mindfulness plays a very important role in preventing lifestyle diseases. For instance, if you live in cities with higher pollution levels, working out indoors may be wiser than breathing in the dense, polluted air.
- Make sustainable food choices: Transporting food from across the world requires a considerable amount of fuel but it also depends on the production of that food it might lead to waste being disposed into water and environment. One should support local food sellers whenever possible. One can even choose food that comes from nearby farms instead of the one that was massively produced or shopped from across the country.
- Prevention is preferable to Cure: The best way to deal with unforeseen illness from pollution is to armour your body sufficiently and allow it to fight against diseases. Fortify from within through nutrition. Eat foods which build immunity. Consuming herbal or Ayurvedic herbs can strengthen your immunity significantly. Vitamin C rich foods increases the effectiveness of protective white blood cells that fight infection and augments immune responses to infections.
- Plant more trees: Planting more trees can actually filter harmful chemicals and dangerous compounds from the air, absorbing the toxins through tiny pores in their leaves and “digesting” the pollution. Such natural air filters in your home or office can greatly reduce the amount of indoor air pollution and help eliminate recurring colds and respiratory problems.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle: Waste prevention reduces the generation of waste in the first place, so it is the most preferred method of waste management. Recycling avert the emissions of many greenhouse gases and water pollutants, and saves energy. Recycling also helps to reduce the pollution caused by the extraction and processing of virgin materials. And, reusing the same product saves the new resources, So, think before you bin.
These forethought helps an individual to combat pollution-aided diseases and lead a lifestyle that celebrates personal wellness.
Over to you
Pollution is like love is in the air, and even in more places. It is everywhere, in, water and soil, and even when we can’t see it, pollution is there. Although, we can’t stop drinking water, breathing or planting our lands, but we can take action first by learning about pollution and second by stop polluting.