Monsoon is defined as a season of hair fall. The damp and humid climate can make the hair dull and rough while making them weak. Monsoon related hair fall can easily be reversed by putting healthy and nutritious foods on the plate. Relying on fancy shampoos and oils is never a good option to reduce the hair fall as they are filled with harmful chemicals that can only disturb your hair health. Poor health and lifestyle factors play a huge role in making your hair weak and dull and a nutritious diet can outshine your hair health like nothing else.
Here are 5 foods that you should definitely include in your diet if you are suffering from too much hair fall during monsoon:
- Amla: Amla has been a part of hair care since ages. This superfood contains plenty of nutrients and can make your hair healthy and supple like no other. Amla offers phytonutrients and essential vitamins and minerals that can help in enhancing the movement of blood in the scalp while making your hair strong and shinier. Amla is rich in Vitamin C which helps in producing collagen that adds up to the hair volume.
- Fatty fishes: Omega 3 fatty acid is always a versatile nutrient to enhance the skin and hair health. The optimum consumption of omega 3s can easily strengthen your hair while making your locks shinier and stronger. Fatty fishes contain higher quantities of omega 3 fatty acids other fat-soluble nutrients like A, D, E and K that can easily add up to your hair health.
- Dairy products and eggs: Eggs and dairy products are a humble choice to make your locks strong and healthy and to increase your volume. Dairy products like milk, yoghurt, eggs, cottage cheese offer a wide variety of essential nutrients like proteins, Vitamin B12, iron, zinc and Omega 6 fatty acids which is quintessential to make your hair healthy. Biotin (Vitamin B7) is an essential nutrient that can easily beat hair fall and it is also found in eggs and dairy products.
- Spinach: Iron deficiency is one of the major causes of hair fall and in order to treat this, there is nothing better than adding spinach in your diet. This dark green leafy vegetable contains great quantities of iron, Vitamin A, C, protein and sebum that can boost your hair growth while making them strong. The magnesium, potassium and calcium found in spinach are a great way to maintain your scalp health and to get lustrous hair.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, biotin, B-vitamins, vitamin E, protein and magnesium that can easily nourish your scalp while boosting your hair health. These are all essential nutrients that prevent the hair from breakage.
Over to you
There is nothing as powerful as proper nourishment from within. Put the correct foods on your plate to reduce hair fall and to enhance your overall hair health.