Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It aids in reducing the inflammation in the lungs and the respiratory tract. Peppermint is a natural antiseptic. It has menthol that helps relax the smooth muscles of the respiratory tract making it easier to breathe, and also helps loosen mucus that has collected in the lungs.
- 2-3 pepper mint leaves
- 1 small inch of ginger
- Honey (optional)
- Boil 1 cup water in a pan.
- Peel and grate ginger, add to the water and let it boil.
- Tear the peppermint leaves, and add to the boiling water.
- Let the concoction brew for 2 minutes.
- Strain, and drink it hot.
Over to you:
Add this herbal drink to your diet to help keep your lungs healthy and happy.