Authentic recipe requires hours of cooking. Oondhiyu or Undihyu is a traditional mixed vegetable curry from India. It is cooked in the original style and served in an earthen pot with delicious chutneys sauces.
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS: Sweet potato is a powerhouse of nutrients. The fibre and antioxidants are advantageous to gut health. Purple Yam is a versatile and a starchy root vegetable and is a great source of carbs, potassium and vitamin C.
- 50 grams surti papdi (fresh vaal)
- 30 grams purple yam (kand)
- 20 grams potato
- 20 grams sweet potato
- 30 grams brinjal
- ½ teaspoon ajwain
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Nutrition Info
- 160 kcal
- 23.8 grams
- 4.2 grams
- 5.1 grams
- String the papdi. Do not the separate into two.
- Peel the kand and cut into pieces.
- Cut sweet potatoes and potatoes without peeling.
- Make slits on the brinjal.
- Mix all the vegetables. Add ajwain, ginger-garlic pasta, baking soda and salt and mix thoroughly.
- In a small pot, place few lettuce leaves at the bottom. Fill with all the vegetables and cover with lettuce leaves.
- Cover the matka with an earthen lid and bake in a hot oven over 200degree celcius.
- Alternatively, wrap the vegetable mixtue in aluminium foil and bake over 200degree celcius.
- Serve it hot and with green chutney
Over to you
Take in the flavour and aroma and enjoy this authentic dish of Gujarat and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family.