By Nmami Agarwal 25-Mar 2023 Reading Time: 1 Mins
Bajra is a millet rich in Iron thus good for people suffering from iron deficiency anaemia. This beautiful combination of Bajra and moong increases satiety and palatability. One must try this delicious recipe .
1. Bajra(soaked for 8 hrs,drained): 1 cup
2. Moong dal (washed,drained):½ cup
3. Ghee:1 tbsp
4. Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
5. Asafoetida:½ tsp
6. Haldi-¼ tsp
1. Combine bajra,moong dal,2 cups of water in pressure cooker. Mix well and cook for 4 whistles.
2. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
3. Heat the ghee in deep non stick pan & add cumin seeds.
4. When seeds crackle, add asafoetida & turmeric powder & saute on medium flames for few seconds.
5. Add the cooked bajra-moong dal mixture, cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.
Nutritive value per serving:
Energy: 274.99 kcal
Carbohydrates: 52.5 g
Protein: 6.24 g