Butternut biryani with mint yogurt is a heart-warming and delightful dish flavored with the flavor of butternut squash along with mint yogurt. It is a perfect dish to be tried upon this season
Rice serves as the instant source of energy. On the other hand Lemon is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which provides a tangy flavor to the dish. Garlic is known for its anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-cancerous properties. Squash is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and minerals like folate, magnesium, fiber, riboflavin, phosphorous and potassium.
- 20 grams of brown rice
- 20 grams finely chopped onions
- 20 grams finely chopped butternut squash
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 5 grams of oil
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 15 grams plain curd
- 1 teaspoon mint leaves
- Nutrition Info
- 126.7 kcal
- 18.1 grams
- 1.82 grams
- 5.1 grams
1. In a pan, heat some oil, add onions and cook until brown color is obtained.
2. Then add rice along with water and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add salt and pepper and bring it to boil.
4. Cover and simmer for around 45 minutes.
5. Alongside in another pan heat some oil and add garlic, butternut squash and thyme and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Remove it from heat and add lemon zest and lime juice.
7. Toss it along with cooked rice and serve hot.
8. Meanwhile take plain curd and blend it along with mint leaves to form a smooth consistency.
9. Serve hot butternut biryani with freshly prepared mint yogurt.
Over to you-
So try this Butternut biryani with mint yogurt and keep yourself boosted with energy and nutrition. It is for sure a must try!