The holy month of fasting (Ramadan) is coming to an end, concluding into EID. EID is a Muslim festival that is celebrated with great pomp and enthusiasm. Just like no festival is completed without the fragrance of some mouth-watering delicacies, similarly, EID is incomplete without the indulgence in some yummy treats. Paying heed to what you are consuming and how much you are consuming during the festivities is extremely important to save yourself from plenty of health glitches. But the question is how can we do that? Here we bring you 6 tips that will keep you healthy during EID. What’s more? These tips are pretty simple to follow and definitely won’t harm your health goals.
- Try consuming vegetables prior: You must be surprised that why we are asking to consume veggies especially on a festival like Eid! Isn’t it? Well, let us tell you that vegetables are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals and fibre that will reduce your appetite while making you all hale and hearty. It will make you full so that you can cut out the consumption of greasy and calorie-loaded delights. Make sure to start your meal with some sauté veggies or salad and see the magic!
- Try to manage your portion: Controlling your portions is the key to keep your weight in check while avoiding any digestive issues. Stuffing up food in one go can easily hamper your health goals and can even raise the risk of various stomach issues. Make sure to take smaller plates and pay heed to the hunger cues to do mindful eating.
- Stay away from processed beverages: Aerated and processed beverages are filled with artificial sweeteners and additives that will only hamper your health goals. Instead of consuming such drinks, try to stick to homemade healthy refreshers like buttermilk, fruit-infused water, coconut water and lemonade to improve your digestion and to reduce your appetite.
- Add in healthy sweet options: Sweets are an integral part of festivities. A lot of us cannot resist the sweet temptations and often end up loading too many sweets on the plate that can disturb our health like no other. We suggest you keep a tab on the portion size while having sweets and definitely go for the smaller ones. You can also swap those sugar-filled sweets from 2-3 pieces of dates, jaggery, figs or any other fruit to satisfy your cravings without hampering your health.
- Avoid oily and fried foods: Greasy, oily and fried foods can easily take a toll on your stomach health while making you suffer from digestive issues like gas, bloating, stomach-ache, burning sensations and many others. Do swap your cooking method and ingredients and instead of going to the lane of deep-fried, choose cooking techniques like “air frying” and “baking.” Also, choose a healthy cooking oil to avoid the consumption of bad fats.
- Go for a walk afterwards: Once you wrap up your meals, go on a walk to properly digest those calories and to avoid any digestive issues. Walking post meals provide plentiful benefits like good heart health, blood sugar management, weight loss, and regulated blood pressure.
So, now that you know the basics of keeping yourself healthy this EID, spread love, happiness and pour some good health on this auspicious day. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family!