It is that time of the year again when we mostly indulge ourselves in sweets, oily, spicy foods and binge eating. Resisting tempting and delicious delicacies is quite a complex task during festivities. Be it home-made or store-bought- consuming deep-fried and high in sugar foods can break your health while making you gain weight. If you want to avoid those unhealthy junkies during the festivities, here we bring you some easy tips and tricks that you should definitely abide by.
- Don’t go to a party empty stomach: Going to a party on an empty stomach leads you to pack more calories by making you binge eating more. When you are already hungry, you will become more tempted to eat no matter what is being served. Make sure that you consume some healthy snacks before heading to a party.
- Practice Mindfulness: Practicing mindfulness and paying heed towards hunger pangs is one of the great ways to avoid binge eating. Recognising the need to feed and paying attention to fullness is a great technique to save yourself from overeating. Also, don’t eat in distractions to recognize these signs. Make sure that you eat slowly as this helps in promoting healthy eating behaviours.
- Stay hydrated: Sometimes, your mind can confuse the hydration with hungriness and that will lead you to overeating. Staying hydrated is also a great way to curb cravings and avoid overeating. You can also consume a glass of water before your meal- this will help in decreasing your overall calorie intake by promoting a feeling of fullness.
- Eat more fibre rich foods: Fibre helps in keeping you feel fuller for a longer period of time. Various studies said that consumption of fibre can easily reduce cravings and appetite. You can consume pre-biotic fibre to reduce your feelings of hunger. Consume salads, veggies, legumes, and whole-grains before going to a party.
- Don’t be at the dinner table for long: Festivals is the perfect time to chit-chat and making long conversations over dinner with your loved ones. But sitting on the table for a long period of time can make you end up binging mindlessly that can further affect your overall health and well-being. Instead of sitting on the table and chit-chatting there, finish your dinner and move/walking and continue the conversation there.
Try these easy tips and tricks to avoid binge eating during festivals. These will help you in keeping your weight in check while decreasing the risk of any health complications.