Vaghareli roti is prepared with a variety of spices and different vegetables can also be added for extra taste and nutrition. It makes a perfect breakfast or a tea time snack. It is a great recipe to use the leftovers at home. Serve it with bowl of fruits and a hot cup of tea. It tastes great when topped with finely chopped tomatoes, onions, cucumber along with Sev, making it fresh and perfect snack.
The fiber in the wheat is very helpful when it comes to digestion as it keeps the digestive system stable and the digestive tract clean. During the summers it can help in preventing heat strokes.
- 15 grams leftover roti , chopped into half inch squares approximately
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves , roughly torn
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- Salt , to taste
- Nutrition Info
- 89 kcal
- 9.4 grams
- 2.1 grams
- 5 grams
- Start by taking a bowl and combining the chopped roti’s.
- Heat oil in a skillet ; add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Then add the turmeric powder, curry leaves, red chilli powder and asafoetida. Mix it for few seconds.
- Stir in the roti combined with the seasoning.
- Slow down the heat and roast the mixture until it becomes slightly crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Once it has reached the desired texture, turn off the heat and serve immediently.
Over to you:
Try on this new leftover recipe to be used as a snack alongside tea or coffee!