Brussels sprouts and apple mix is a great combination as the crunchiness of apples paired with sprouts along with mustard date dressing provides a uniquely tasty flavor to the salad.
Brussels sprouts are rich in Vitamin K and Vitamin C that promote heart health and boosts immunity. Apple and walnuts both are good sources of omega 3 fatty acids that are great for heart health. The fiber in the apple makes it easy to digest and is therefore happily consumed by all.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 30 grams apple
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 date minced
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 15 grams Brussels sprouts
- 10 grams scallions
- 1-2 walnuts( chopped)
- Calories: 123 Kcal
Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates:13.7 grams
Protein: 3.1 grams
- Start by adding lemon juice with water( cold) in a clean bowl. Add in the chopped matchstick style cut apples in the water and keep them aside.
- Then in a large bowl add in the olive oil, mustard, minced date, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Slice the Brussels sprouts in thin strips and add to the dressing mix. Toss well so the sprouts are covered with a dressing.
- Then remove the water from the apples and add them with the sprouts, also add walnuts and scallions and serve.
Over to you:
This salad is very simple to prepare but is full of texture and flavor combinations. The gorgeous Brussels sprouts along with the apple make it a very desirable salad.