The delicious methi palak dhokla’s are a must try and are especially beneficial for pregnant women because of the nutritional content. They are extremely rich in iron and folic acid, both of which are required in the first trimester. The lobia mixture is fortified with some greens to prepare the dhoklas that has tempting and and nice flavour.
Nutritional benfits: Spinach is a great source of Vitamin A, Vitamin K, folate, magnesium and iron. It helps in blood clotting, promotes immune function and is essential for tissue growth. Fenugreek has shown to improve the blood sugar levels, reduces the cholesterol levels and helps with appetite control. Cow pea or black eye pea is also essential for glucose metabolism in each and everyone’s body.
- 20 grams finely chopped fenugreek leaves
- 20 grams finely chopped spinach
- 15 grams (lobia) black eyed peas
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- A pinch of hing
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Fruit salt- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Nutrition Info
- 75 kcal
- 5.11 grams
- 1.99 grams
- 5.6 grams
- Wash the black eyed peas and soak them overnight.
- In the morning, add in the black eyed peas in a blender with some water to make a smooth paste.
- Add the black eyed pea mixture, along with spinach, fenugreek, ginger garlic paste, asofetida, salt and oil.
- Mix all the ingredients to blend well.
- When the mixture is ready to be steamed add in the fruit salt and a teaspoon of water. Mix it properly to avoid formation of bubbles.
- Divide the mixture in equal portions and pour in a greased plate.
- Let it steam in the steamer for about 10-15 minutes or until the dhokla’s are well prepared.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately with green chutney.
Over to you: These dhokla’s are rich in iron and are great for expecting mothers. They are the perfect breakfast options and different flavours can be added as per the taste. Do try and enjoy!