The flavourful garlic broccoli lobia rice is the perfect meal and delicious meal for the busy season. This meal is super easy to prepare and has great flavors such as the pungency of the garlic and the earthiness of the broccoli along with soft lobia. It is a great way to use leftover rice and make a delicious and healthy dish out of it.
Broccoli is very nutritious and rich in fiber that helps in lowering cholesterol levels. it is a good source of great antioxidants or immunity, it also contains high levels of calcium and vitamin K that are good for bones, therefore, helping in osteoporosis. Lobia on the other hand is a great source of protein that improves cholesterol levels and boosts heart health.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 7 grams garlic
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 10 grams of broccoli
- 10 grams overnight soaked lobia
- 10 grams leftover or boiled rice
- 5 grams walnut
- 10 grams basil
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
- Oregano for seasoning
- Nutrition Info
- 139 kcal
- 12.9 grams
- 4.3 grams
- 8.5 grams
- Start by taking a large pan and add some oil in it.
- Sautee the garlic, turmeric, red chili flakes until the garlic turns fragrant or it changes color.
- Meanwhile, boil the lobia in a pressure cooker with water for about 30 minutes.
- Then add in the chopped broccoli to the pan and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the boiled lobia to the pan and let it sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, black pepper, and oregano.
- On the other hand, add in the walnuts, basil, some oil, lemon juice, and some garlic to the food processor.
- Blend it to form a smooth consistency paste.
- Add in the rice to the broccoli- lobia pan and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with walnut basil pesto
Over to you:
This is a completely different way of adding healthy greens to your regular lobia rice. It gives a punch of nutrition to the boring meals along with exciting flavors. Kids will love this recipe. Try this recipe out and do let us know your feedback!