Kheer is a very popular and traditional dessert recipe prepared in Indian homes. Different fruits or nuts can be used to prepare kheer and give a variation to this delicious recipe. This recipe of kheer has a good amount of fiber that is good for digestion due to the presence of oats and apple. It has a very unique taste as compared to the traditional recipe of kheer as walnut provides an earthly flavor to the dish.
Apple and walnuts both are a good source of omega 3 fatty acids that are great for heart health. The fiber in oats and apple makes it easy to digest and is therefore happily consumed by patients suffering from heart diseases when they are the desire of a sweet dessert. The almond milk provides a crunchier taste to the kheer and also is lower in the number of calories.
- 100 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 10 grams apple
- 10 grams oats
- 1-2 walnuts
- 1-2 date
- Nutrition Info
- 89 kcal
- 11.2 grams
- 2.8 grams
- 4.1 grams
- Start by taking a clean deep kadhai or wok. Add in the milk and bring to boil
- Now keep the flame on medium and add the rolled oats, grated apple, chopped walnuts, and date.
- Simmer it for about 6-7 minutes or till a thick consistency is achieved.
- Keep stirring in between so that the milk does not stick to the bottom,
- When the milk is reduced to half of the consistency has turned thick, remove from flame.
- Serve hot or chilled as per preference.
Over to you:
This delicious apple walnut kheer is very nutritious and has a unique flavor that is loved by people of all ages. It is great for people with heart diseases as it contains heart-healthy ingredients. It can also be opted by people on weight loss.