Madrasi chicken curry recipe has a wonderful tangy yet spicy flavour, with a beautiful nutty flavour added by Indian spices that is used in this madrasi chicken recipe.
Chicken provide a good supply of protein, essential vitamins and minerals which play a very important role in sustaining the muscles.
- 20 grams Onion
- 30 grams chicken
- 20 grams curd
- 20 grams tomato
- ½ teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1-2 green chillies
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon dried fenugreek leaf
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 50 ml chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1-2 coriander springs
- Nutrition Info
- 121 kcal
- 2.6 grams
- 11.2 grams
- 6.9 grams
- Firstly, put tomatoes in a blender and blend. Keep it aside.
- Then in a pan, heat oil and add onion, ginger-garlic paste and sauté.
- Now, add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add salt, red chili powder, green chili, yogurt, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and cook for a while.
- Now, add tomato paste, kasuri methi, fennel seeds, mustard seeds and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add water, green coriander, and cook until chicken become tender.
- Tasty Madrasi Handi is ready to serve.
Over to you:
This simple dinner recipe of full off fragrant spices and tender pieces of chicken. So, do cook on this delicious Madras chicken recipe and ditch away the takeaway.