Your kids are surely going to love this delicious vegetarian soup brimming with veggies and barley. This veggie stew is light, filling and super healthy and also low in fat and high in fibre and perfect to boost up the energy levels. So, give it a whirl!
- 20 grams uncooked barley
- 60 millilitres vegetable broth
- 20 grams chopped carrot
- 10-15 grams chopped celery stalk
- 20-30 grams diced tomatoes with juice
- 10 grams chopped zucchini
- 10 grams drained garbanzo beans
- 20 grams chopped onion
- 1-2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ teaspoon dried parsley
- ⅓ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Salt according to taste
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Nutrition Info
- 159 kcal
- 23.5 grams
- 4.4 grams
- 5.3 grams
- In a large soup pot, start by sauteing onion, celery and garlic in the olive oil until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- Now, add carrots, zucchini, and beans and cook until it starts to soften.
Then, add cherry tomatoes, bay leaves, thyme and spices such as curry powder, salt and black pepper.
- Cook it for a couple of minutes before adding the vegetable stock, cherry tomatoes and barley.
- Make sure to cover and simmer for 30 – 45 minutes or until the barley is tender.
- Remove the soup from heat and don’t forget to discard bay leaves.
- Serve soup hot, and season with some parsley. Enjoy!