Oh! The winter! Winters bring laziness and a sense of comfortability with it. It is extremely difficult to get out of bed, especially in such cold and dark weather. Winter tiredness is one such thing that we can never say bye-bye to, no matter what. And why not! Winter is the weather of pleasure and cosiness.
To make your winter happy and healthy we bring you some great points that not only bring you some energy but also soothe you with some positivity. So, let’s just flush out the lazy panda mode (snacking and binge-watching your favourite TV shows) and try to gain that much-needed energy with our tips and tricks.
Wake up, jump on and beat those blues with these easy and scientifically proven ways. You can easily add these small changes in your lifestyle to lift up your mood and feel the goodness all winter long.
So, let’s get started with some of the basic ways to have a healthy and energetic winter.
- Eat smartly: There are various foods that help in boosting the levels of energy with the brownie point of happy-go-lucky mood. Foods like fruits, soups, dark chocolates, home-made energy bars and many others tend to enhance the mood and relieve the feelings of anxiety. You can add these foods to your lifestyle. Instead of sticking to the processed and unhygienic ones you can also make your favourite healthy snacks at home and consume it whenever you feel low and less energetic. Don’t forget to munch on five servings of fruits and veggies every single day!
- Walk your way: Various studies suggest that walking with brisk intensity for about 35 minutes a day can help in boosting the mood while making you feel more energetic and happy. Regular walking or even exercising can produce the feel-good endorphins which ultimately lift the mood. You can add variations in your regular exercises to keep yourself happening and less boring. Adding exercise in your lifestyle boosts your energy levels and stamina as well. Regular exercise not only improves your physical health but also enhances your mental health.
- Engage in some indoor activities: If you are not an outdoor person and like to hibernate inside during the winter season then here is a great alternative for you. Just stay inside and plan some indoor activities to enhance your energy. You can add plenty of activities like home workouts, cooking, DIY projects and many more. Indoor activities help you in eliminating the negative space from your mind by keeping you busy, warm and happy.
- Stretching is a way to go: Winters usually the weather of relaxing in your favourite comforter but when you feel short of energy here is the simple trick that can make you charge like nothing else. Stretch as much as you can to get that dose of instant energy. Inculcate some simple stretches and see the magic.
- Relaxing aromas are effective: Inhaling aromas that are soothing and refreshing are one of the great ways to make yourself happy and energetic. Sometimes, a relaxing therapy with aromatic soaps, scents or oils works wonders. Various studies have shown that aromatic therapy has increased the levels of happiness and energy in a very less period of time.
Over to you
So, add these steps in your lifestyle and notice the shifts in tiredness and laziness. Tell us which one is your favourite and how you deal with the winter sleepiness and slothfulness.