Celebrate the Bond of Rakhi with a gift of Good Health
By Nmami Agarwal 22-Aug 2021 Reading Time: 4 Mins
Rakhi is meant to celebrate the bond between brother and sister. On the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, sisters tie beautiful threads known as Rakhi, on their brother’s wrist. Raksha Bandhan is marked as the bond of love and protection where brothers pledge to protect their sisters from all adversities in life. Rituals of Raksha Bandhan include brothers showering their sisters with warm gifts while brothers are treated with sweets or chocolates. Along with these gifts, let’s celebrate Rakhi by sharing the gifts of a healthy lifestyle by encouraging your brother to stay fit by making wise food choices and overall health. Some of the gifting ideas to make him happy and healthy are:
- Regular Health Check-ups: Timely health check-ups are important because health conditions like high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, and heart disease might not show symptoms at an early stage. These check-ups can be booked online or one can also visit pathology labs. This Raksha Bandhan you should remind your sibling that it is important to get at least one full body check-up in a year and gift him with an already booked health check-up.
- Healthy Snacks- Goodie bag: A chocolate box or a sweets box is too mainstream for Rakhi. This year try to gift something different and healthy at the same time. Look for nutty bars, roasted black chana or makhana, and a pack made with a mix of a variety of seeds, nuts like almonds, pistachios, cashews, and walnuts. They can increase nutrient intake, sustain energy levels, and improve the quality of diet.
- Herbal Tea sets: Herbal tea is readily available in the markets with a wide range of flavours like lemon, ginger, tulsi, honey, turmeric and chamomile are known to offer relief from sore throat and boost immunity. The antioxidants present in herbal tea bring you the gift of health. They also reduce the ageing of cells in the body. So, don’t even think a minute before gifting herbal tea as they would be a perfect gift for Raksha Bandhan.
- Fruit Box: Fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals. Assorted gift boxes are the most thoughtful and supportive gift you can give to your siblings on this occasion. You can easily get these boxes customized based on the quality and quantity of fruits. These are healthy options to gift and you can look for various gifting companies who make this arrangement for you.
- Homemade Sugar-Free Sweets: When it comes to winning a health conscious brother’s heart on this day, it can be nothing better than gifting him with a bowl filled with homemade sugar-free sweets. Sweets can make anyone instantly happy and now you know what you can gift to make your sibling happy and healthy at the same time. You can prepare his favourite Indian sweet delicacy with low calorie sugar substitute or with little sugar.
Over to You:
Celebrate this Raksha Bandhan by indulging in healthy gifting options and make your brother fit just like you!