Winters definitely make us crave something hot and fresh! But we need that to be quick right? . Soups can be your rescue then! Soup is a liquid dish that can be served as a meal or starter.
And the best thing about them is that they are warm and easy to make!
They even have herbs like ginger, garlic, cloves, kaali mirch (black pepper) in them to give your body the warmth it needs in the winter season.
Not willing to go beyond your comfort zone and cook something?
Here are a few healthy instant soups that you can make in no time and enjoy it while snuggling in your blanket:
- Mushroom Soup- Mushrooms are filled with vitamin B, potassium, antioxidants and are perfect for the cold winter season.
To make this soup:
– Heat butter in a saucepan, add ginger, garlic, cloves, when softened add mushrooms and cook for over 5 mins
-Blend in the mixer
-Take another pan, add some butter, finely cut mushrooms and put the puree into it. -Sprinkle some black pepper as per taste.
- Beetroot & Garlic Soup- Beetroot is a great source of fiber, folate, potassium, iron, vitamin C and antioxidants. Garlic reduces the severity of winter illness.
To make this healthy combo soup:
– Pressure cook beetroot, strain the water and peel. Put the chopped beetroot in a mixer and make a paste
-Add butter, some flour and milk in a pan and heat it for about a minute.
-Then add the beetroot mixture, garlic paste, salt, black pepper and let it simmer while stirring occasionally. Your soup is ready to be served hot!
- Spinach and Corn Soup- Spinach trends during winters and is known for its high iron content & calcium. It is also packed with vitamin C which keeps you away from infections. On the other hand, corn will not only add a crunch to the soup but also will increase the iron content.
How to make it?
-Just like the other soups, pressure cook spinach, blend and add to the butter-flour mixture.
-Put some water, corn(boiled) with salt, black pepper and let it simmer.
-Garnish this crunchy soup with low fat milk-cream
- Tomato Soup- This tangy soup is surely rich in vitamin C, K, and antioxidants.
To make this soup:
– Heat the butter in a pan.
-For sauteing add bay leaves, garlic, and finely chopped onions.
-Add tomatoes with salt and let them simmer.
-Once the mixer is cooled blend and strain the puree to get a smoother soup
-Pour the puree back into a pan, add some water and let it simmer.
Season with black pepper and enjoy it hot!
- Carrot and Ginger Soup- While carrot gives you enough fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants; the thermogenic properties of ginger keeps the body warm.
-Heat the oil in a pan,
-Add the chopped ginger and onions saute till golden brown.
– Add chopped carrots, some salt, 1 cup of water and let it simmer.
– Now blend everything in a mixer jar with ½ cup of water and put it to simmer in a pan
-Garnish with finely grated carrot and black pepper
Warm soups are really a delicacy during winters and even comforting especially when they are so convenient to make,