Your gut consists of thousands of microbes and disturbing the equilibrium of these microbes in the body can lead to various health ailments and gut issues. Not only it hampers the process of digestion but it also weakens the immunity of the body. Prebiotic foods help in maintaining the growth of healthy microbes in the gut and thereby keep the various stomach issues at bay. People mostly depend on probiotic foods to make the gut health happy and healthy but it is extremely vital to consume prebiotic-rich foods at the same time to enhance the existing flora in your gut and to boost your digestive system.
Here are 5 amazing prebiotic foods that you should incorporate in your diet to flourish your gut health:
- Green bananas: Bananas are a great choice to enhance your gut health. Choose the green ones instead of yellow ones and you are all set to get the maximum dose of prebiotics with a boost in digestive health. Green bananas aid in boosting the healthy bacteria in the gut and help you in getting rid of the bloating and uneasiness if any. To enhance the benefits of green bananas, add it in the yoghurt with honey or mix it in your smoothies.
- Garlic: Due to its great nutritional profile and plenty of health benefits, garlic is one of the humble foods that you can pick to make your gut happy and healthy. Garlic helps in boosting the bifidobacteria which is present in the digestive system and helps in enhancing gut health. Not only this, but it also offers anti-inflammatory properties along with essential nutrientslike manganese, selenium, and B6 which makes it a great food for a happy and healthy gut. Try to consume it as raw to get the larger quantities of prebiotics from it. Chop it and sprinkle it over the salads or dips.
- Oats: Oats are well known for its great nutritional profile and consuming it the breakfast gives a quick boost to the digestive microbes in the gut. Oats offers a wide variety of beta-glucan fibre which helps in enhancing the healthy bacteria in the gut, boost your heart health and provides plenty of other health benefits too.
- Apples: The string “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” is literally true to its words! Apples offer a wide variety of various essential nutrients and decrease the number of harmful bacteria that are residing in your gut. Apples contain a great number of antioxidants, polyphenols and pectin which helps in boosting digestion while clearing out the dangerous bacteria inside the gut.
- Flax seeds: Flaxseeds consists of prebiotic fibre and enhance the healthy microbes in the gut. Regular consumption of flax seeds can provide you with essential nutrients while regulating your bowel and easing out constipation. You can grind flax seeds before consumption to enhance its absorption in the body.
Prebiotics helps in enhancing your gut health while keeping the digestive problems at bay. Try these above-written foods to get the maximum amount of prebiotics.