Thinking about a healthy and delicious snack to munch on? Try upon these Veggie Hummus Cucumber Boats which can satisfy your cravings in a healthier way. They are simple and easy to prepare combined with the goodness of vegetables to offer you with amazing taste and ample benefits.
Chickpeas are energy dense, have good amounts of fibre and improve digestion. Apart from this they are also a very great source of calcium and protein. Cucumber has antidiabetic properties. It is a good source of antioxidants and lowers cholesterol.
- 10 grams quinoa
- 50 grams cucumber
- 20 grams cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 10 grams hummus
- 10 grams boiled chickpeas (boiled)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Nutrition Info
- 158.8 kcal
- 16.1 grams
- 7.2 grams
- 7.4 grams
- 1. Firstly, cook quinoa according to package instructions and transfer to a bowl.
- 2. Secondly cut the cucumbers lengthwise and scoop out the pulp.
- 3. Now, add chickpeas and tomatoes to quinoa. Mix lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss it over quinoa.
- 4. Now, spread hummus inside each cucumber shell and top each with quinoa mixture.
- 5. Lastly, garnish with fresh basil leaves and enjoy.
Over to you:
Try this super amazing, delicious dish and have a healthy and guilt free snacking.