A quick snack before heading to the gym or a mid-morning snack with a cup of tea, vegan protein bars are ideal. Made with seeds and nuts they are packed with goodness. Even better, the bars have a delicious drizzle of dark chocolate over the top, which adds just the right touch of sweetness.
Almonds are rich in healthy fatty acids, low in carbs and packed with protein. They are rich in vitamin E and magnesium.
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon flax seeds
- 5 grams roasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 2.5 grams dates
- 2.5 grams sunflower seeds
- 10 grams dark chocolate
- Salt to taste
- Nutrition Info
- 128 kcal
- 8.5 grams
- 3.2 grams
- 7.6 grams
- Place the dates into a small bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside for 15 minutes to soak and then drain well.
- Meanwhile, place the chia seeds, flax seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds coconut and salt, in a food processor and process into a flour.
- Add the dates and tahini and process for 2-3 minutes until well combined.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper. Using wet hands, press the mixture evenly into the tin and refrigerate for 45 – 60 minutes or until firm.
- Remove the mixture from the tray and cut into even bars. Using a fork, drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars. Return the bars to the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set.
- Serve the Vegan Protein Bars or store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Over to you:
For anyone who likes to hit the gym after work but can’t make a pre-workout smoothie, go extra with these little protein bars.