Sprouted Thoran is a recipe of Kerala. It is very easy to prepare and is relatively a healthy side dish.
Green gram is high in fibre, low in calories, and is a great source of protein. It is packed with various healthy nutrients that gives plenty of health benefits.
- 20 grams green gram sprouts
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 dry red chilli
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- Curry leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Nutrition Info
- 126 kcal
- 13.2 grams
- 5.3 grams
- 6.2 grams
- Crush garlic, green chilies and cumin seeds in a mortar.
- Combine turmeric powder and chilli powder in this mixture.
- Heat oil at medium heat. Pour in mustard seeds and fry dry red chilly.
- Then, add green gram sprouts, salt and coconut mixture. Sprinkle a few spoons of water. Cover it and cook for 10 minutes, stirring in between, until done.
- Open and stir-fry for a few minutes until dry. Switch off.
- Serve with rice and other side dishes.
Over to you:
Try this scrumptious recipe at home and don’t forget to share your opinions after trying this Sprouted Thoran recipe.