Winters are the perfect time to enjoy some baked samosas and cutlets with hot coffee or tea and so are these delicious spinach corn cutlets. It is an appetizing snack that is tasty, healthy, and easy to prepare. This is one of the best ways to add spinach to kid’s diets if they do not like it. These shallow fried cutlets are filling and perfect for an evening tea-time snack.
Spinach is one of the healthiest green vegetables to be added to a dish providing great amounts of Vitamin A, folic acid, nitrates which helps reduce blood pressure levels, good for eye health and fiber helps in constipation. Corn is a good in fiber and vitamin A. Various other vegetables added in the cutlets have their specific nutritional benefits making these cutlets healthy to munch on as snacks.
- 20 grams of corn kernels
- 30ml milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chat masala
- 150 grams of spinach
- 20 grams of potato
- 20 grams paneer
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon Kasuri methi
- ½ teaspoon cumin seed powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 green chili
- Ghee to shallow fry
- Nutrition Info
- 181 kcal
- 15.2 grams
- 9.1 grams
- 10.8 grams
- Start by washing the spinach and blanching it in water.
- On the other side, take milk in a pan and add corn to soften them.
- Chop the spinach and keep aside.
- When the corn is blanched, grind it and keep it aside.
- Add in some lemon juice and chaat masala to the corn mixture.
- Then add in the spinach, crumbled paneer, boiled potato and mix it well.
- The next step is to add in all the spices and mix well to prepare the cutlet paste.
- Then shape the cutlets in the desired shape or round shape and shallow fry in ghee.
- Serve them hot with some coriander chutney.
Over to you:
These lip-smacking Spinach corn cutlets along with coriander chutney make a perfect evening snack along with a hot cup of chai or coffee.