Did you bust out in those endless giggles today? We guess, no!
With a busy lifestyle and plenty of day-to-day work we often forget to laugh out loud. A laughter break cannot only give you rejuvenation and freshness but it also give you endless health benefits while making you healthy from both inside out. So, whenever you feel stressed out and don’t know which way to go, just go along with the old-age thread of ‘laughter is the best medicine’ and take a small pause for those ‘fit of laughs.’
A small laughter session stimulates natural relaxation response of the body and releases the feel-good endorphins which give a boost to both mental and physical health in no time. It’s like jogging gives internally to the body to soothe and massage all the internal organs while toning the abdominal muscles.
So, here are some reasons why you should definitely add a laughing therapy in your lifestyle.
- Relaxes the whole body: Did ever see that bunch of people in the garden who took up their hands and laugh out to their heart? Yes, they do it to soothe out their whole body. A good hearty laugh session fills you up with enthusiasm and energy while relieving out all the tensions and stress. Moreover, it relaxes out the muscles up to 45 minutes afterwards.
- Eases out stress levels: A laughter therapy can ease out the stress levels by contracting the muscles and regulating the proper blood flow in the body. When you laugh, your body increases the flow of blood which releases the feel-good endorphins that make you feel more comfortable, stress-free and relaxed both physically and emotionally.
- Boosts the immune system: A laughter session can reduce stress hormones while increasing the immune cells that give an effective improvement to the immune system. Not only this, but it also improvises the blood flow and produce more of infection-fighting antibodies and therefore decrease the risk of various diseases in the body.
- Protects the heart: Laughter gives you increased flow of blood while improves the functioning of blood vessels and this way it can save you from various cardiovascular problems like heart attacks, stroke and cardiac arrest. Not only this, but it also keeps you away from various other diseases as it maintains healthy blood flow in the body.
- Combats depression: Being unhappy is a great cause of depression and it can solve out by adding laughter therapy in your lifestyle. Various studies show that laughter releases the feel-good endorphins, and relive the cortisol levels (stress levels) that can improve your mood while combating the depression.
- Draws out positivity: A regular session of laughter for about 10-15 minutes can give you positivity while eradicating the negativity from your mind and thoughts. It gives you a healthier and improved perception to see the world and your worries which can bring out an optimistic and positive you.
Over to you
Now that you know plenty of health benefits of laughing, is there anything stopping you from not adding it to your life? Whenever you feel stressed out just a give a try to those endless giggles and make yourself happy and healthy.