Rice Panki is a famous Gujarati recipe that is made using rice flour and curd. Traditionally, it is cooked & served in banana leaves that makes this dish more eye appealing.
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS – Rice Flour is gluten-free and is high in protein and fibre and helps in aiding various health problems. Curd is a dairy superfood. It is packed with a nutritional punch and acts as a great probiotic.
- 2-3 banana leaves
- 20 grams rice flour
- 10 grams curd
- ½ teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ginger- garlic paste
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- Salt to taste
Energy – 123 kcal
Protein – 2 grams
Carbs – 16.7 grams
Fats – 5.4 grams
- Combine rice flour, curd, salt and 1 cup of water in a bowl and mix well to make a thick batter. Cover the bowl and keep it aside to ferment.
- Then add ½ cup water, asafoetida, cumin seeds, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, ghee and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Apply a little oil on each side of the banana leaf and keep aside.
- Apply a thick layer of the batter on one side and evenly spread to the other side.
- Fold the other half over the batter.
- Then, cook on a non-stick pan using oil till light brown spots appear on the leaves and the panki in between peels off the leaf easily.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve hot and delicious.
Over to you
This light and healthy snack recipe for anytime of the day. So, don’t forget to try this easy recipe at home and impress your loved ones.