This variation of upma is loaded with the goodness of quinoa and vegetables. Apart from great taste, quinoa upma is very filling and nutritious.
Quinoa: Quinoa is very high in fiber. It is naturally gluten-free. Using quinoa instead of other gluten-free ingredients helps to load your meals with antioxidants, fiber, and flavonoids including quercetin and kaempferol. Also, quinoa is an exceptional protein source because it contains all essential amino acids.
- 20 grams quinoa
- 10 grams onions
- 20 grams green peas
- 10 grams carrot
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon peanuts
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafetida (hing)
- 1 green chili (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 5 grams chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Nutrition Info
- 165 kcal
- 18.9 grams
- 5.0 grams
- 8.2 grams
- Finely chop all the vegetables.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add mustard seeds and asafoetida. Saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add ginger, green chilies, and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few minutes.
- Add the peanuts and cook for another few minutes till the peanuts are light brown.
- Add onions, carrot, and peas and sauté for some time.
- Now, add quinoa and keep mixing for a few minutes.
- Add chili powder, salt, and 1 cup of hot water. Mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 20 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame; add the coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well
- Serve hot
Over to You
Give your regular breakfast a healthy twist and enjoy this delicious quinoa upma. It is quick to make and an ideal breakfast for weekday mornings.