Nutritional winter pumpkin curry bowl is filled with plant-based protein and fiber. This curry is a beautiful blend of pumpkin, mushrooms, spinach, and lentils along with spices that relish the taste buds.
Pumpkin being low in calories is a good source of Vitamin A and Vitamins C that helps the cells by protecting from free radicals and boost the immunity. Spinach, on the other hand, is by far the healthiest green vegetable to be added to a dish providing great amounts of Vitamin A, folic acid, nitrates that are good for eye health and helps in reducing blood pressure levels. Mushrooms are a good source of selenium that helps in heart diseases and thyroid problems. Garlic on the other side has medicinal properties and helps combat sickness like the common cold as well as improves cholesterol levels.
- 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil
- 20 grams chopped onion
- 30 grams of butternut pumpkin
- 50 grams of spinach
- 20 grams of mushrooms
- 10 grams tomatoes
- 20 grams of lentils
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1- 2 finely shredded lime leaf
- 10ml of red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 10ml coconut milk
- Nutrition Info
- 168 kcal
- 23.1 grams
- 8.3 grams
- 5.7 grams
- Start by heating a large pan over medium heat and add in the oil.
- Then add in the chopped onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, ginger, lime leaf, red curry paste, tomato paste and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Then add in the washed and sliced mushrooms along with tomatoes and keep cooking while stirring for another 5 more minutes.
- Mix in the boiled lentils along with some coconut milk and water.
- Cover and cook for about 4-5 minutes for the flavors to infuse.
- The next step is to add in the sliced pumpkin and cover the pan and let it cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and further cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with some cooked rice, chopped coriander, and seasonings if required.
Over to you:
Spice up these chilly winter evenings with this delicious winter pumpkin curry. The blend of warm ingredients helps to keep everyone cozy in such stormy weather!