Jau Chana Sattu is a healthy drink with a blast of nutrient dense chickpeas and milk. Especially made with the goodness of chickpeas, this cool drink will give you rejuvenated feeling in this hot weather with ample health benefits.
Barley is rich in both soluble and insoluble fibre and therefore aids in proper digestion. Chickpea are excellent source of protein and calcium and therefore is the best suitable protein alternative for all the vegans out there.
- Nutrition Info
- 91.7 kcal
- 17.4 grams
- 3.5 grams
- 0.9 grams
- 15 grams chickpeas (roasted)
- 5 grams jau seeds (barley seeds)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Pinch of black salt
- 2-3 Fresh mint leaves
- Firstly, take roasted chickpeas and peel them off.
- In a pan dry roast jau seeds until the colour changes.
- Now in a blender, grind together jau seeds, coconut sugar and roasted chickpeas.
- You can also add water to adjust the consistency.
- Transfer it in the glass and refrigerate for few minutes.
- Garnish with mint leaves. Serve cold.
Over to you:
In this hot weather make way for this easy to make drink and pamper yourself with its amazing and delicious flavour.