Nutty Oats Halwa
Nutty oats halwa is a sweet dish that is relished by almost everyone and is prepared using oats jaggery and nuts. This is a great after-meal to relish the sweet cravings.
Oats are high in soluble fibre, beta-glucan, which reduces cholesterol and promotes a healthy gut. It has antioxidants like avenanthramides that may help in reducing blood pressure. Jaggery aids in digestion therefore reducing constipation. Pumpkin seeds are rich in antioxidants, zinc, and magnesium and help in reducing high blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- 20 grams of oats
- 5 grams ghee
- 5 grams of jaggery
- 1 cup water
- 1tsp cardamom powder
- 5 grams pumpkin seeds
- Almonds and walnuts for garnishing
Calories: 166 Kcal
Fat: 8.4 grams
Protein: 4.6 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
- Start by grinding the nuts, seeds oats in a blender to form a powder and keep aside.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and heat ghee in it.
- Add in the jaggery with some water to melt in the pan.
- Add oats and sautee it on medium heat until it is light brown and a nutty aroma is there.
- Add nuts and cardamom powder and mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with almonds and walnuts.
Over to you-
Oats halwa is a dessert that is filled with the goodness of fibre-rich oats and thus is healthy to be consumed during the festivities.