A wonderful and fruity dessert using fresh berries is all what one need to satisfy any sweet tooth. Summer berry compote is one such dessert that celebrates the combination of all the sweet berries.
Strawberries are rich in antioxidants , vitamin C and plant compounds. They provide a range of potential benefits and help the body’s defences against a variety of diseases. Blueberries are packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients, both of which have powerful health benefits. They are also rich in vitamin C and potassium.
- 20 grams strawberries, quartered
- 20 grams blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 20 grams fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained
- 20 grams fresh raspberries
- 20 grams red currants
- ½ teaspoon cilantro or parsley
- Nutrition Info
- 52 kcal
- 11.2 grams
- 2.3 grams
- 1.2 grams
- In a large bowl combine strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and currants.
- Stir in cilantro or parsley. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes. Serve cold.
Over to you:
This luscious Summer Fruit Compote makes the perfect addition to anything from yogurt, pancakes for breakfast, to ice cream for a cool dessert.