A bright and vibrant one pot dish that comes together easily. The fresh herbs and
lemon really liven this dish up while the nutty millet and hearty chickpeas keep it
filling and comforting. Makes a perfect light meal or an accompanying side dish.
Nutritional Benefits: Millet is a whole grain that is packed with protein,
fibre, antioxidants and nutrients. It is known for its umpteen health benefits.
- 20 grams cooked millet
- 10 grams fresh corn
- 15 grams cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 20 grams chopped spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nutrition Info
- 129 kcal
- 14.7 grams
- 3.7 grams
- 6.1 grams
- Pour oil into a large pan over medium heat, once hot, add the chickpeas and cookfor 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn and cook for another 7-10 minutes until the chickpeas and corn are starting to turn golden brown.
- Add in the cumin, garlic, and a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir for about 30 seconds until the garlic is fragrant then stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted
- Remove from heat and toss with millet, then refrigerate uncovered until fully chilled. Stir the mixture while chilling to speed up the process.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the chilled millet mixture and toss to coat.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper and add more lemon juice if desired.
- Finish each serving with a sprinkling of fresh herbs
Over to you:
This lemon millet is one of the favourite, quick to make, light on the body and is
delicious and can be served as a breakfast meal.