It’s all about using what’s fresh and getting the most flavour out of it. This yogurt soup offers a comfort bowl, thanks to its rich creaminess and nourishing rice with the tangy herbs and sprinkle of ground cinnamon at the end adding a fantastic dimension.
Yogurt is a calcium powerhouse and a source of high-quality protein. It is nutrient rich because it is an excellent source of various vitamins and minerals. Mint is rich in vitamin C, carotenes and acts as a hearty source of iron that promotes healthy blood.
- 40 grams plain yogurt
- 15 grams rice
- 15 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon watercress, chopped
- 1-2 mint sprigs (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Nutrition Info
- 158 kcal
- 15.9 grams
- 8.4 grams
- 5.5 grams
- Whisk yogurt, rice, flour and egg in a large pot. Place over medium heat and cook, whisking constantly,
- Add water and bring to a simmer over high heat. Lower the heat to maintain a simmer and cook, whisking frequently to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot, until the rice is soft and the soup has thickened.
- Add herbs, watercress and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are softened.
- Serve warm or chilled, topped with cinnamon and more herbs, if desired.
Over to you:
Serve it cold when the weather’s warm or hot when the weather’s cold, this recipe is a soup for all seasons.